ROBERTS' GIRLS MOTTO:

COURAGE. SACRIFICE. DETERMINATION. COMMITMENT. TOUGHNESS. HEART. TALENT. GUTS. THAT'S WHAT LITTLE GIRLS ARE MADE OF.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Books, Books, Books

I think I have every book in my house memorized, or at least close to it.....so I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of what to read next. I just got done with the Harry Potter series again and before that it was Twilight. I am up for anything. I love to read, but I'm stuck. My two year old would tell me to read "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" or some Berentsein Bear book, but really I already read those two, no four, okay more like 20 times a day to her! I wonder where she gets her love of reading. Okay so seriously, if anyone knows a good book send it my way!

5 comments:

  1. Nick has an aunt and a grandma who love to read so I'll ask them for suggestions and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stac,
    i really like the children of the promise series as well as the hearts of the children series. i know they have them at the library there in idaho falls. right now i am reading "angela's ashes" but i don't think i would recomend it. i have some good news.... we are moving back! we will be back the beginning of july! fun times!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two are both LDS writers I think you might enjoy reading:

    (Nonfiction) *Refuge* by Terry Tempest Williams: a memoir dealing with family history, cancer, and the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge.

    (Fiction) *The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint* by Brady Udall: Brady teaches creative writing at Boise State and this novel is funny and lighthearted, but also very touching. His short fiction (*Letting Loose the Hounds*) is also wonderfully quirky.

    If you ever need recommendations, I read for a living, so just shoot me an email. ;)

    -Bacon Boy II (from the Lake Creek Hood)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should read "Hearts in Hiding" by Besty Branden Greene. She is an LDS author who writes mystery novels. My sister is addicted to them. This book is soooo fun and a great mix of romance/mystery/hillarious and a hint of good ol' LDS living. Super fun couldn't put it down!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if you have read all of Nicholas Sparks books. I really like them and there are a million to choose from. I also like John Grisham books for more of a thrill. Don't read his new one though, The Summons, that was a waste of time. I also read The Wednesday Letters recently, short read and that was cute. Have you ever read the Giver and the Messenger? The Giver is one of my favorites. Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete